Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Talking about development process.

The process I go through when developing a IP (Intelectual Property) was best summed up by a game developer. Robert Bowling of Robotoki he explained that the process he used to design the game Human Element was "The whole universe first, experience second, and gameplay mechanics last," that excerpt from Gameinformer Issue 231. Mirrors my development process for my MFA Project. I'm spending this initial time being a creator and enjoying the process of creating my universe. Once I have created a plausible universe. I can start to work on the rich experience that I want to share with my end users. Some of the questions that will help me develop this experience, will come from my Master critique class and meetings with my advisors. I have and will spend copious amounts of time reading and viewing shows for inspiration. Now a new aspect of this process is writing. I haven't spent as much time laboring over the information I absorb in this process. Now I will attempt to refine and write out, the small jumps and great leaps I take to develop an idea. Like many other creators I'm not new to the process of writing. But the ad hoc process of writing in blog and short form thoughts is new. I know that a lot of what will be presented in this blog will be raw and unedited. This will be an ongoing process and you all are invited for the ride. Buckle up and wear a helmet its gonna be a bumpy ride.

No comments: