Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tid bits of inspiration entry A-0001

While perusing a stack of Gameinformer magazines which i usually just toss out after I check the progress on games I want to play. I've recently have taken to task reading them, before they hit the recycle bin. Interested in how others develop their work and what approaches they take. A project by Developer Giant Sparrow did something that caught my eye. I have been saying to myself that
"I want exploration and immersion to be a core part of my project."
How I will do that in an engaging way? I have not come up with that answer yet. The team at Giant Sparrow attacked this problem in a totally awesome way. In their game The Unfinished Swan the player is presented with a white void. The player then proceeds to throw paint balls into this white space revealing the environment of the game. I thought that was damn fine way to approach revealing a world, to create an unique user experience I cant wait to see more of this. It really inspired me to look at my problems of developing my experience in a different way.

No comments: